“AI is probably going to be the single biggest disruptor and enabler of marketing in total. It’s a dream come true from a marketer’s perspective.”
Raja Rajammanar, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer of Mastercard, wrote in his book Quantum Marketing: Mastering the New Marketing Mindset for Tomorrow’s Consumers.
The rapid development of technology, particularly artificial intelligence (AI), has significantly impacted the marketing industry.
Statista reported that over 50% of respondents from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and India highlighted ad targeting when asked about marketers’ key application areas of AI. More than 80% of industry experts use AI technologies in some capacity for internet marketing.
How to apply AI in content marketing? What content marketing tools are commonly used? And what benefits and challenges AI brings?
If these questions somehow run into your curiosity, you’re landing at the right place.
Let’s uncover the answer to all these concerns in this article.
What Is AI in Content Marketing?
AI in content marketing refers to the integration of artificial intelligence technologies to enhance various aspects of content creation, distribution, and analysis. It enables writers to automate and optimize marketing processes, gain valuable insights, and deliver personalized and engaging content to their target audience.
By harnessing AI-powered tools, marketers can streamline their workflows, improve content quality, and maximize the impact of their marketing efforts.
Advanced algorithms and machine learning models will be utilized to automate tasks like content generation, curation, and optimization. They analyze data patterns, user behavior, and preferences to tailor content recommendations and create personalized experiences.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
There are different types of artificial intelligence as well, divided into three main types:
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI) – This is the most prevalent type of AI we now interact with. It handles specific tasks, including voice recognition or making suggestions on streaming services.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) – AI with AGI is capable of comprehending, picking up knowledge, adapting, and applying it to a variety of activities at a human level. Large language models and technologies like ChatGPT demonstrated the potential to generalize across numerous activities. But as of 2023, this is still only a theoretical idea.
- Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI) – The term “ASI,” or the advanced state of AI, describes a future state in which AI will be more intelligent than humans in almost economically relevant tasks. Although intriguing, this idea is still highly hypothetical.
How to Use AI in Content Generation
AI offers numerous possibilities to enhance content marketing processes and achieve better results. By leveraging AI technologies effectively, businesses can optimize their marketing efforts and stay ahead in the competitive landscape.
Establish Clear Goals and Objectives
Prior to integrating AI in content writing, it’s imperative to define goals and objectives clearly. This step aims to identify your desired achievements with your content efforts. Based on that, you’re able to tailor your AI strategies and technologies to support those objectives.
- Are you aiming to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive conversions?
- What do you want to accomplish in this content?
Well-defined goals let you align AI efforts with your overall content marketing strategies with ease. It supports content creation, personalization, recommendation engines, and predictive analytics.
Knowing your goals gives you a helping hand in choosing the most relevant AI applications that will complement your broader marketing strategy and contribute to achieving your desired outcomes too.
Besides, your goals ensure a focused and effective approach. They provide a roadmap for implementing AI technologies and prioritizing your resources and efforts.
With a clear direction in mind, you can allocate resources to the areas where AI can impact your content marketing most, ensuring a more efficient and successful implementation.
Research and Select Reliable AI Tools
When finding content marketing tools, it’s essential to consider several key factors to ensure they align with your goals.
- Features – Your writing platform should offer features tailored explicitly to content marketing, such as content generation, content optimization, topic analysis, sentiment analysis, or content distribution capabilities.
- Reliability: Assess the reliability of AI tools by considering factors like their track record, user reviews, and case studies. Look for tools that have a proven track record of delivering accurate and reliable results in marketing tasks.
- Scalability: Make sure the AI content marketing tools can scale according to your demands. Determine if they can deal with large volumes of data, accommodate increased demand, and adapt to your marketing growth.
- Ease of Integration: Evaluate the AI tools’ compatibility with your content infrastructure. Seamless interaction between your content marketing platforms and the AI platform streamlines workflow and data transfer.
- Cost: Calculate the cost structure and return on investment (ROI) of an AI content creation tool. Compare pricing options which are subscription, use, and one-time license costs, to find the one fitting your budget and goals.
Here are some popular and effective tools or platforms used in content marketing:
- OpenAI GPT-4
Bear in mind to thoroughly research each tool, read user reviews, and examine how well they align with your specific content marketing goals and requirements before making a final selection.
Upskill Employees for AI Implementation
Upskilling personnel proves vital for any content marketer. While AI technologies can improve content generation, dissemination, and analysis, they require experience to make the most of them.
One of the key areas where employees should develop their skills is data literacy. Artificial intelligence relies heavily on data, and marketers must understand how to collect, clean, analyze, and interpret data effectively. They should be familiar with data management techniques and be able to identify relevant data sources for content marketing purposes.
AI makes data privacy, ethics, and compliance even more critical. Therefore, data literacy includes comprehending these ideas.
AI application proficiency is also crucial. Writers should have some ideas about AI platforms, machine learning algorithms, and NLP technologies. They should be comfortable using automated data analysis, content generating, and sentiment analysis technologies.
Employees should grasp content strategy and audience segmentation. Employees must create strategic goals and target audience profiles to drive AI’s content generation.
Monitor and Evaluate AI Writing Software
Monitoring and evaluating AI-driven content marketing efforts is essential for assessing the effectiveness of AI implementation and making data-driven decisions for optimization. It provides valuable insights into customer behavior and preferences, enabling businesses to get to know target audiences better and tailor content accordingly.
You can track key metrics and KPIs such as conversion rates, engagement metrics, customer acquisition and retention rates, revenue generated, and customer satisfaction scores to measure the impact of AI implementation.
For example, tracking the conversion rate of website visitors interacting with chatbots helps evaluate the effectiveness of AI in driving conversions and informs decisions about its efficacy in achieving marketing goals.
Learn The Essential AI Marketing Tools
Content marketers greatly benefit from leveraging essential AI marketing tools to enhance their strategies and achieve better results. These tools utilize artificial intelligence technology to automate and optimize various aspects of content creation, distribution, and analysis.
Here’s an overview of some popular AI marketing tools.
#1 OpenAI GPT-4
OpenAI GPT-4 is the next generation of the GPT language model, offering advanced natural language processing capabilities. Writers use GPT-4 to generate high-quality content of various types, from blog posts to social media channels updates and product descriptions.
It supports translating chores, research, and writing compelling and appealing material as well. GPT-4 enables marketers to speed up content development and provide more individualized and pertinent messages to their audience thanks to its excellent language understanding.
Phrasee specializes in generating compelling and engaging email subject lines, social media posts, and other marketing copy with AI technology power.
This copywriting tool helps create real-time and marketing-optimized language. It can create more natural-sounding variations of ad text and better subject lines using Natural Language Processing (NLP). The NLP concept is adjusted to fit the branding needs of each client.
To enhance the language generation model, Phrasee uses Deep Learning (DL) to examine past customer and market data. It compares human-written brand copy against AI-generated language, frequently outperforming humans.
Persado is designed to optimize marketing language and drive better customer engagement. Coming as a leading AI content generation platform for marketing, it generates millions of dollars in additional annual income for commercial clients.
In order to turn out highly relevant and customized ads, Persado combines computational linguistics, natural language generation, and advanced AI technologies.
By examining human-written content, the AI can determine the voice and tone of a brand and then construct a language model using that information. The cutting-edge NLG model will then create content that taps into user emotions, supports the brand story, accurately explains the offer, and includes the right call-to-action.
Albert is an AI-powered marketing platform that focuses on automating and optimizing digital advertising campaigns.
To deliver highly targeted and customized ad campaigns, it uses machine learning algorithms to evaluate enormous volumes of data. They include audience demographics, behaviors, and ad performance. Content marketers can use Albert to automate processes like audience targeting, ad placement, and budget allocation.
For all significant platforms, including Google, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, among others, Albert permits cross-channel marketing.
Jarvis.ai assists writers in various writing tasks. Not only does it generate blog post outlines and write social media captions, but the tool also provides content suggestions and helps with SEO optimization.
Jarvis uses NLP and machine learning to comprehend user inputs and provide relevant and excellent content. Automating time-consuming writing duties, making original ideas, and ensuring material adheres to SEO best practices saves copywriters time and effort.
The writer’s block is history, thanks to Jarvis. It can write in more than 25 different languages. It enters pertinent keywords and brand information to create content based on the AIDA framework.
Anyword offers copywriting assistance across various channels, for example, ads, landing pages, and social media. It leverages machine learning to analyze historical campaign data and predict the performance of different copy variations.
An overview or description of the product is what the AI must consume. Anyword can produce a copy that converts well, and its variations with a single mouse click. The platform also forecasts each copy’s performance and ranks them accordingly.
Benefits And Challenges of Using AI in Content Marketing
How AI Benefits Content Writing
Artificial Intelligence has emerged as a powerful tool in the realm of content marketing, and providing valuable insights has brought numerous benefits to marketers.
- Increased Efficiency and Productivity: AI-powered solutions automate user-specific content and audience segmentation. This speeds up marketers’ work and frees up their resources. Intelligent content tools also enable marketers to: Analyze massive data sets quickly, find patterns, and advise accordingly.
- Data-driven Insights: AI algorithms can analyze consumer behavior, trends, and preferences, providing valuable insights for content marketers to create data-driven strategies and make informed decisions.
- Broader Reach: Marketers will reach more people than ever using social media tools like scheduling posts and spotting influencers. Algorithms can identify user behavior patterns to decide which content works best for your target demographic.
- Content Optimization: Artificially intelligent tools can analyze content performance, identify patterns, and suggest optimizations. This enables marketers to improve content quality, relevance, and SEO ranking.
- Lower Costs: You may increase staff productivity and reduce outsourcing by automating marketing campaigns with AI content marketing technologies. AI also improves first drafts. Editors can work faster and more strategically with fewer rewrites and edits.
Challenges of Using AI in Content Marketing
While the use of artificial intelligence in content marketing process brings significant benefits, it also presents unique challenges.
- Data Quality: Poor data quality yields erroneous or partial results and reduces decision effectiveness. High-quality training data and constantly updated data sets for testing and validation are essential for content marketing accuracy. Selecting tools and vendors affects data quality and analysis.
- Lack of Human Touch: AI-generated content may lack the human touch, creativity, and emotional intelligence that can resonate with audiences on a deeper level.
- Limited Contextual Understanding: AI may struggle to comprehend complex nuances, context, and cultural sensitivities, potentially leading to inappropriate or ineffective content delivery.
- Learning and Adaptation: Algorithms require continuous learning and training to stay relevant and practical, which demands ongoing investment in resources, expertise, and infrastructure.
AI has become a transformative force in various industries, from Human Resources to Education, and content marketing is no exception. Leveraging artificial intelligence in content marketing can significantly enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing strategies.
One of the key applications of AI in marketing is content creation. AI-powered tools can generate content based on predefined parameters and guidelines, such as blog posts, social media updates, and product descriptions.
While AI-generated content may not entirely replace human creativity and storytelling abilities, it can provide a starting point or streamline content creation processes, freeing up time for marketers to focus on higher-level tasks.